Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Filfest 2010 Ensembles of Eight

Here is another blog entry with the schedule for the upcoming concerts by various orchestras/groups. This one is for Filfest 2010 Ensembles of Eight which is actually the Filfest Cultural Foundation’s Season 3 offering. I admit that it was only very recently that I was able to watch my first Filfest concert ever. And that concert was Piano Peace, their second special concert. Obviously, I missed the first special concert that featured Minoru Inagaki who is a Japanese virtuoso guitarist.

But in just a few weeks, their regular concert season will start and here’s what Filfest has to offer in their 3rd season.

Tutti Flutti
8 Flutists led by Tony Maigue & Friends
May 30, 2010, Sunday, 4:00 pm

Tutti Guitarri
Filfest Guitar Ensemble
June 26, 2010, Saturday, 8:00 pm

Tutti Celli
At the Bach of our Minds
August 28, 2010, Saturday, 8:00 pm

Tutti Tango
Nostalgia: Grand Tango
October 23, 2010, Saturday, 8:00 pm

Tutti Opera
Hades Ladies: A Decomposed Opera with 8 Sopranos
November 20, 2010, Saturday, 8:00 pm

All performances are held at the Insular Life Theatre at Alabang. Unfortunately, the venue is quite far from where I live and it’s not easy for me to travel to Alabang. But I was still able to go there before, so I might be able to do that again.

The concert that interests me most is the fourth one since I love tango music and Astor Piazzola. And this also features dancers and I’m interested to see how they’ll be able to interpret the music in their choreography. The last concert seems interesting too since I also love listening to soprano arias. If only Alabang was just a stone’s throw away from where I live, I wouldn’t have any difficulty in catching up Filfest’s concerts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment