Thursday, March 4, 2010

N.O.A.H. (No Ordinary Aquatic Habitat)


I'd like to subtitle this blog entry as an afternoon of false starts. It was my first time joining the Manila Bloggers Network for an event and my first time to blog about about something else beyond classical music performances. Unfortunately, it wasn't a good start for me.

I was geared for a preview performance of Trumpets' production of N.O.A.H. (No Ordinary Aquatic Habitat) which had a successful run a few months ago at the Meralco Theater. People whom I've asked about the musical only had nice words to say about this production. So I got quite excited to have this opportunity to see it this time since I missed its original run.

Too bad that what was presented at the Centerstage at the SM Mall of Asia was actually a sneak peak for potential show buyers. They didn't present the whole show but just did two musical numbers featuring the main cast to give the audience a sneak peak. And right after that, things went straight to business which made me question as to why bloggers were actually there. Almost all of the audience present were potential show buyers and we were totally out of place in this event.

I wanted to write a review of the musical but the two numbers that were shown were not enough. The music with its Motown and Gospel flavor was enjoyable but still wasn't enough to connect with me since I wasn't able to experience the whole journey which was only possible by watching the whole show.

I'm not blaming anyone for this. If I'm not mistaken, this was also the first time for the SM Cinema and Trumpets to embark on this kind of project. So this was really a case of tripping during the first steps. I just hope that the next events will go smoothly as planned.

4 comments:

Azrael Coladilla said...

ohh its a sort of trade show pala para may mag sponsor ng show nila.

arghhh.will send this concern sa kanila
na sana they informed me well kung ano meron
kala ko talaga its a show, kasi yun ang sabi sa akin

Anonymous said...

Its okay Az. We enjoyed their talk about commissions and stuff. But yeah, maybe they should have informed us. Hi Rad!

arpee lazaro said...

PETA does that too. but they tell invited guests that it is only a sneak preview of the play and not the whole play itself.

RAd said...

The potential show buyers (company and school reps) knew beforehand what they came in for. But we never knew that this was the actual nature of the event. It was just a case of the bloggers getting invited to something that wasn't really intended for them.

Post a Comment