Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Mozart

On February 18, 2010, I watched the UST Symphony Orchestra, under the baton of Herminigildo Ranera, perform at the Philamlife Auditorium. The programme for the night consisted of works by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The orchestra played the Overture to The Marriage of Figaro, K.492, Piano Concerto No. 23 in A Major K.488 featuring Najib Ismail at the piano, and finally, Symphony No. 40 in G Minor K.550.

I was supposed to write the usual review but about half an hour after the concert, as I was on my home, I received a phone call that my grandmother had passed away after getting seriously ill almost two weeks before this.

So instead of reviewing the performance, I'd like to thank the UST Symphony Orchestra and the people whom I've had the pleasure of seeing that night. Thank you Mr. Aries Caces, concertmaster Benj, viola/piano girl Jaydee, and Korean violin girl Bo Ra. Thank you as well to the other people whose name I failed to get: the viola guy with the shaved head and eye glasses, the guy with Benj, and the guys (and the girls from FILHarmoniKA) manning the table who thought that I was still a student.

UST Symphony Orchestra

I'd like to believe that through your performance and the brief chat that we had that night, knowing the sad news became a bit less difficult for me. I always say that music gives me strength to deal with the hardships in life and I'm grateful that during this difficult time, music came to the rescue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment